Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You Can Teach an Old Dog New Tricks







So, our first ever ski trip was a blast. I didn't have the greatest first day. By the end of the day, I wanted to put the skis up and never try it again. But, something rose up in me and said, "I can do this....All the little kids are doing this, so can I." So, the next day I got up and took off. I kept repeating in my mind, "I can do all things through Christ." Demetri was a great help, although he had a tendency to laugh at me when I fell. But I did it!! I didn't give up.
Of course, the boys took off. Joshua snowboarded and Demetri did skis. They were gone. Joseph tried it one day and said, "I just wanted to try it." Then he was done.
I look back and think, "I must have been crazy to try that." But I'm so glad I did. You can teach an old dog new tricks.



No comments: