Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Selfishness

Have you ever been around people who are selfish? Boy, I have. It almost makes me sad to see people that bound up in themselves. I heard so many sermons over the years about not being selfish. I think it's hard because our own human nature wants it to be all about "me".
My father told me a while ago if you want to make something a habit, it takes six weeks until it becomes natural. I've seen my Dad and my Mom make many unselfish acts to help me when I was little and now. Dad helps me many times with my kids, and mom cooks for us on Sunday. And so much more!!
I think I've taken on some of those traits from my parents. But every now and then I catch myself thinking something selfish.
I want to become unselfish toward my family, friends and everything in between. I 've done this to a degree, but I want to become more that way where it becomes a habit. And you know what? When you are unselfish, you feel much better about yourself.

No comments: