Friday, May 8, 2009

Through the eyes of an eight year old

The other day Joseph was acting strange....I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. I finally asked him...What's wrong.? He looked at me in a very distraught look and said, "Mom. those boys were telling scary stories. I got them in my head, and now I can't get them out." I then told him that they were only make believe. He still had a hard time believing they weren't real in his head.
This got me to thinking. This is just like the enemy...He puts thoughts in our heads, and they are so vivid in our minds, that we start to process this as being real. But in reality, it's not. It started as only a thought. As the Bible says, take every thought captive, and test whether it is good or not. And the bad ones, we are not to dwell on, and think about.
What an awesome way God showed me this....through the eyes of an eight year old

No comments: