Thursday, April 9, 2009

A defining moment

My mom and dad are great with our kids. They are really involved in their lives. I've heard it said that grandparents are an intricate part of a family...I truly belive that.
So, my dad dedicded to get the boys a go-kart. It was used, but it's like brand new to us. It's great.
The other day, I came home from work to find the go kart out front....I went in and said, "So who is going to ride with me on the new go-kart?" Joseph, the 8 year old spoke up, and said, "No, Mom I'll drive you around." I stopped and looked at him and said, "What?" So, we headed to the go-kart. Reluctantly, I got in. He told me that I needed my seat belt, and to hold on. And then we took off. I was really amazed at how he drove. He said that his older brother Joshua had taught him how to drive.
I drove around with him for quite a while.
It then came to me....My eight year old is my youngest, but not my baby anymore. He is definitely growing up. A moment that I will always remember!

No comments: