Friday, January 9, 2009

"The Boys Club"

I was talking to Joseph this morning at breakfast....We eat at his school together every morning. A little girl walked by that he knew. I asked him, "Hey, there goes your friend....." He looked down, frowned, and gave a very mean look, and said, "No, she's not my friend...she's not nice to me." I explained to him that although someone is not always nice to you, you still have to be nice to them even though it's hard. He looked at me and said, "But Mom, you don't understand...I have a club and she was in it and she wasn't nice to me in my club, so I told her she can't be in it no more." He then informed me that no more girls are allowed in his "club" because they run away all the time...only boys. But then, he said, "Wait, there's one girl that can come. I like her and she's nice and she doesn't run away.
There's always one exception to the boy rules......

No comments: